WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY UNTIL MIDNIGHT–FLOOD WARNING – ILLINOIS RIVER AT PEORIA, HENRY UNTIL THURSDAY NIGHT
Including the cities of Galesburg, Toulon, Peoria, Lacon, Eureka,
Canton, Pekin, Bloomington, and Normal
519 PM CST Sun Feb 17 2019
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT CST
* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations
around 2 inches. Areas of freezing drizzle mixed in as well
especially early this evening.
* WHERE...Portions of central and west central Illinois.
* WHEN...Until midnight CST tonight.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery conditions especially on
untreated roads, bridges, and overpasses.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or
freezing drizzle will cause travel difficulties. Expect slippery
roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
The latest road conditions for Illinois can be obtained on the
Internet at www.gettingaroundillinois.com.
...The Flood Warning continues for the following river in Illinois...
Illinois River at Henry affecting Marshall and Putnam Counties
Illinois River at Peoria affecting Peoria...Tazewell and Woodford
Illinois River near Havana affecting Cass...Fulton and Mason
Illinois River at Beardstown affecting Brown...Cass...Morgan and
.The following forecasts are based on observed precipitation, soil
moisture conditions, and forecast precipitation.
If you encounter a flooded roadway, turn around and find an alternate
route. Turn around, don`t drown.
Additional river and weather information is available at
1024 AM CST Sun Feb 17 2019
The Flood Warning continues for
The Illinois River at Peoria.
* Until late Thursday night.
* At 945 AM Sunday the stage was 19.6 feet.
* Flood stage is 18.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
* Impact...At 18.0 feet...Some flooding begins to bottomland not
protected by levees.
Fld Observed Forecast 6 AM
Location Stg Stg Day Time Mon Tue Wed
Peoria 18 19.6 Sun 10 AM 19.5 19.1 18.7