Stove Explodes in Pekin Home Causing Fire

A stove explodes, setting a Pekin home ablaze.

A stove in the kitchen of a home in the 2200 block of Valentine avenue explodes just after 3:30pm Wednesday afternoon.

“We believe that to be the cause of the fire and believe it was accidental,” says Pekin Police Public Information Officer Mike Eeten.

Four people inside the home escaped with only one suffering non-life threatening injuries.

One cat is unaccounted for.

Eeten believes the house is a total loss.



Suspicious Packages Discovered At Illini Bluffs High School Landmark Law Governs Care For Sexual Assault Victims Hy-Vee Sued Over Pasta Salad Illness Stronger Texting While Driving Legislation Signed Into Law Power Surge Causes Fire In NW Peoria Home Joe Stowell To Be Inducted Into MVC Hall Of Fame