The Tireless Project will hold its next monthly collection of unwanted tires on Saturday, August 26th.
The collection site is located at 2301 S. Darst Street in Peoria.
Hours of collection are 9:00-11:00 a.m., or until the trailer reaches capacity of 1,000 tires.
Organizers say there are restrictions for dropping off tires:
• The limit is 20 tires per customer; this is a legal requirement for transporting tires.
• The first 10 tires are free. There is a $1.00 charge for each tire over 10. Only cash is excepted. Funds will be used for project supplies and neighborhood cleanups.
• Only City of Peoria residents can participate; no businesses will be allowed.
• Customers must have proof of residency in the form of a driver’s license, state ID OR property tax statement.
• No tires with rims will be accepted.
• Only passenger and truck tires 17″ or less will be accepted; no oversized tires, including agricultural and commercial, will be accepted.
If tires are left after the designated hours, a $200 fine for littering will be enforced.
The Tireless Project was initiated in 2015 by Peoria volunteers, and has successfully collected approximately 3,800 tires in their inaugural year.
In July of 2017, JIMAX volunteered to take over the collection.
The final Tireless Project collection of 2017 will be held September 23.
For further information, contact James Kosner at 309-253-0192.