facebooktwitter

Power Cord Causes Fire at East Peoria Avanti's



A fire at the East Peoria Avanti's Ristorante caused an evacuation of the building Monday morning.

East Peoria firefighters responded to the restaurant at 2320 E. Washington St. around 10:00 a.m. after an employee discovered a fire in a ventilation fan.

East Peoria Assistant Fire Chief John Knapp says an electrical short in a power cord caused the fire.

There were no injuries, but the fire caused around $2,000 in damage.

The restaurant went back to business not long after the incident.

Filed Under :  
Topics : Disaster_Accident
Social :
People : John Knapp
A   A   A
breaking news
twitter @1470 wmbd
facebook