Fire In Far North Peoria Basement

Photo: Alpha Media/Ryan Piers

A malfunctioning dehumidifier is listed as the cause of a fire in a far North Peoria home.

Peoria firefighters responded to a smoke alarm in the home at 309 W. Ravinswood Road 11:28 a.m. Wednesday. The occupant of the home had notified the alarm company of smoke in the house.

The occupant was still in the home when the first fire crews arrived. The occupant was removed from the house and firefighters found the blaze in the basement.

Battalion Chief Richard Booth says the fire apparently started in the humidifier and spread to other contents in the basement. The remainder of the home sustained heavy smoke damage.

The occupant, who has not been identified, was taken to a local hospital for treatment of possible smoke inhalation.

 

Past Stories

Comments