Firefighters were called to a Peoria McDonalds early Monday morning.
Crews responded to reports of smoke coming from the basement of the McDonalds restaurant in the 7700 block of N. University just after 4:00 a.m.
Firefighters found heavy smoke in the basement and a dryer on fire.
Crews carried the dryer outside the building. The dryer was a complete loss. A large amount of food in the basement also had to be thrown out.
Officials say the fire could have been much worse as it was about to reach other flammable materials nearby.